NSA monitors domestic cellular

Derek Balling dredd at megacity.org
Wed Sep 12 06:12:45 PDT 2001

>On Tue, 11 Sep 2001, Derek Balling wrote:
>
>>  Doesn't domestic surveillance of civilian cel-phone calls, without a
>>  warrant, fall into a really "Gray"[1] area? I thought NSA wasn't
>>  permitted to do that...
>
>If it goes out of the country it isn't domestic.

But the news was reporting about looking for "people who were on the
planes calling friends and family" (e.g., other people like that
Olson woman on Flt. 93), ... if they're recording THOSE calls then
there's a serious question raised of "why".

| dredd at megacity.org  | "Conan! What is best in life?"          |
|  Derek J. Balling   | "To crush your enemies, see them        |
|                     |    driven before you, and to hear the   |
|                     |    lamentation of their women!"         |