Manhattan Mid-Afternoon

Jim Choate ravage at EINSTEIN.ssz.com
Tue Sep 11 22:16:56 PDT 2001

On Tue, 11 Sep 2001, Normen Nomesco wrote:

> How about odds of 20 to 1 with the one having a knife....

If you don't you die. No if's, no and's, no but's. If you do, you (and
others) got a chance...

I've always held that rational, ethical, moral police policy (and social
expectation) for any sort of hostage situation is for each and every
hostage to throw, strike, and otherwise assault anybody that threatens
them. Just think of the result at say Columbine if instead of running each
and every person there had made it their personal duty to attack those two
kids. Not only would a smaller number have been hurt and killed but any
copy cat would think twice about repeating it (a clear and present danger
in todays media hyped nut house). There was a day when we actually taught
gun safety and use in public schools to our kids...

Make the beggars eyes bleed. Don't buy into the nuts fantasy.

People only take hostages they believe can be bullied into compliance.
Take that away from them and what do they have?

            natsugusa ya...tsuwamonodomo ga...yume no ato
            summer grass...those mighty warriors'...dream-tracks

                                            Matsuo Basho

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com