Cypherpunks and terrorism

Dr. Evil drevil at sidereal.kz
Tue Sep 11 15:34:47 PDT 2001

> There may be some additional measures with wider implications.  Perhaps we
> will finally see a national ID card which must be carried at all times
> and shown on demand to law enforcement personnel.  Workers in sensitive

We already have a national ID card.  It's called a drivers license.
It just happens to be issued by the individual states, not by the
federal government, but it is effectively the same thing.

This has been a tragic event.  I just hope we can have a cool-headed
rational reaction to it.  That's not easy to do though.