[Remops] Re: Opinions on Operations due to bombings. (fwd)

Eugene Leitl Eugene.Leitl at lrz.uni-muenchen.de
Tue Sep 11 09:27:24 PDT 2001

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 09:23:44 -0700 (PDT)
From: Len Sassaman <rabbi at quickie.net>
To: jlf at magusnet.com
Cc: remailer-operators at anon.lcs.mit.edu
Subject: [Remops] Re: Opinions on Operations due to bombings.

I'm not concerned that the remailer network is, was, or will be used by
the actual terrorists. What concerns me is the assholes who will
inevitably send bogus threats, tips, and other noise to various news
groups, federal offices, and officials.

I don't want to get caught in the middle of this. I'm sorry. I'm currently
unemployed and don't have the resources to defend myself. At this point
in time, a free-speech argument will not gain much sympathy with the feds,
judges, and general public.

And investigators don't need more noise to sort through. They'll have
enough as it is.

I'd like to see remailers continue operating. But this needs to settle.
I may put mine into middle, mix only mode if I feel up to it..

--

Len Sassaman

Security Architect            |  "I must play their game, of
Technology Consultant         |   not seeing I see the game."

http://sion.quickie.net       |                --R .D. Laing