FC: Anonymous remailer operators start to take remailers offline

Greg Broiles gbroiles at well.com
Tue Sep 11 11:35:18 PDT 2001

While it's understandable that people want to avoid being swept up in
hysterical backlashes against people involved in this morning's terrorist
activity, it's worth remembering - especially for people interested in
aiding law enforcement - that a lot of investigations begin and move
forward with anonymous tips which are later corroborated by witnesses
willing to testify. Given the clear indifference for human life shown by
the terrorists, the ordinary witness-protection steps taken by law
enforcement may not be comforting enough to allow aiders and abettors of
this morning's actions to report their knowledge with confidence - so it
may be more important than ever that the remailers continue to operate.

Given that, does anyone have any tips for compiling the current Mixmaster
release under FreeBSD or OpenBSD? The make fails for me on both platforms -
it looks like a failure related to the recent integration of OpenSSL into
the standard BSD distributions, which I've been unable to remedy thus far.

--
Greg Broiles
gbroiles at well.com
"We have found and closed the thing you watch us with." -- New Delhi street kids