Naughty Journal Author Denied Plea Change

Jim Choate ravage at EINSTEIN.ssz.com
Sat Sep 8 07:38:46 PDT 2001

On Sat, 8 Sep 2001, Declan McCullagh wrote:

> My point was that this is a natural outgrowth of existing child porn and
> obscenity laws, and if you're upset at this, you should naturally be upset
> at the entire framework.

Then your point is invalid. Simply because the application or extension of
something is harmful or undesirable doesn't map to the entire framework
being bad.

It's a common failing of C-A-C-L based theologies.

You don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

            natsugusa ya...tsuwamonodomo ga...yume no ato
            summer grass...those mighty warriors'...dream-tracks

                                            Matsuo Basho

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com