Friday, 9/7 - International Day of Action Against Video Surveillance

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Thu Sep 6 23:41:22 PDT 2001

On Thursday, September 6, 2001, at 11:28 PM, Bill Stewart wrote:

> Perform for a video camera today!   Or alternatively, go buy a cheap
> webcam
> and surveil somebody who's already performing (oh, wait, that wasn't
> what they meant :-)
>
> The EFF announced the following:
> ---------
>
> Friday, September 7 - International Day of Action Against Video
> Surveillance

An "International Day of Action..."

Gee, why are so many EFF and similar events sounding so much like Lefty
events from the 60s?

"National Mobilization Against Online Imperialism"

"Teach-in to protest corporatism"

"Join our circle today"

"Jane Fonda and Abbe Hoffman need our help."

"Perform for a video camera today!"

"Fight the fascist insects who prey upon the life of the people."

-- Stokely May