Official Anonymizing

Jim Choate ravage at ssz.com
Wed Sep 5 13:59:10 PDT 2001

On Tue, 4 Sep 2001, Greg Broiles wrote:

> I think this goes a little too far (though I'm also pretty skeptical about
> the underlying proposal). True, it's very unlikely that cops will arrest
> themselves for violating a mandatory disclosure law - expecting any group
> to reliably self-police is unrealistic.

Speak for your self. The question isn't self-policing. The question is
that one person is making decisions for another. Clearly less than optimal
if you have any belief in 'free market' (which is a perfect example of
self-policing behaviour; where does the stability come from?).

Who'd know? Who'd care?

No, the observation is that people are strange. Not some people, not those
people, not weird people.

People are strange.

Any(!!!) time that one party is put in a position of authority over a
second party, a third party must be included. That third party must be
uninvolved with both parties and the market. That party must operate by
socially accepted (eg voting) rules that apply to ALL members of the
community equally. That third party MUST(!!!) report to the public at
large. The public at large have a right to know how they can expect to be
treated, and change it if it doesn't work to their satisfaction (which
after all is the 'community' the law is supposed to be respecting in a
democracy).

Any society that violates this basic theme will be abusive.

            natsugusa ya...tsuwamonodomo ga...yume no ato
            summer grass...those mighty warriors'...dream-tracks

                                            Matsuo Basho

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com