Moral Crypto

Declan McCullagh declan at well.com
Wed Sep 5 05:39:23 PDT 2001

On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 09:50:38AM +0200, Nomen Nescio wrote:
> Declan brought this up in a "sky-is-falling" article about remailers and
> anti-spam legislation. I do not believe this is a valid threat.

This is incorrect on at least two points: My artcle did not say such a
law was particularly likely, so it hardly deserves to be characterized
as "sky is falling." (My position is only that folks should consider
what would happen if such a law were to be passed.) Second, someone
else brought up anti-spam legislation.

-Declan