Naughty Journal Author Denied Plea Change

Eric Cordian emc at artifact.psychedelic.net
Wed Sep 5 04:31:20 PDT 2001

Declan writes:

> What's new here? *Possession* of child porn has been illegal for at
> least a decade. Obscenity prosecutions for writing what people find
> objectionable have a long history: Joyce, Miller, etc.

The legal basis for criminalizing non-obscene erotic depictions of minors
is Ferber, which clearly states that such criminalization is
Constitutional only when it is necessary to prevent actual persons under
the age of 18 from experiencing the harmful workplace environment
associated with porn production.

Laws which criminalize synthetic visual depictions of the sexuality of
minors, as well as written material, which do not depict actual living
persons, are clearly unconstitutional under the standard created by
Ferber.

It is the hope of the Child Sex Hysterics, whose goal is not to protect
minors, but to purge from the continuum all counterexamples to their
religiously inspired doctrine on the asexuality of persons under 18, that
the Sheeple have now been sufficiently programed to react with horror to
all depictions of youthful sexuality.  This will place the Supreme Court
in the position where fabricating from whole cloth a legal justification
for criminalizing all such material will be the only alternative to mass
rioting in the streets the next time such a case appears before them.

I'd rather just shoot the rioters, and raise the average intelligence in
the sheep bin by epsilon.

If you can criminalize dirty stories, which depict non-obscene sexuality
on the part of fictional characters, then you can criminalize just about
anything else, including chemistry and cryptography textbooks, and Tom
Clancy novels.

--
Eric Michael Cordian 0+