How strong Can I?

Declan McCullagh declan at well.com
Tue Sep 4 10:11:12 PDT 2001

Also, if by "free distribution" you mean putting it on a web site, I
recall you are technically required to inform the Export Authorities
(aka the Department of Commerce BXA). Probably a felony if you don't,
depending on whether you're distributing source or object code, though
I doubt you'd be prosecuted, but you may want to check into this
rather than relying on my hazy recollection.

-Declan