Gnutella remailers (was Re: Moral Crypto)

Steve Schear schear at lvcm.com
Mon Sep 3 19:39:23 PDT 2001

At 08:55 PM 9/3/2001 -0400, V. Alex Brennen wrote:

>On Mon, 3 Sep 2001, Steve Schear wrote:
> >
> > At 12:34 PM 9/2/2001 -0700, Tim May wrote:
> > >
> > >"Anyone a remailer, anyone a mint" is one strong approach.
> >
> > I know this suggestion has been made before, probably by myself, but it
> > seems the remailer programmers may be missing a good opportunity in not
> > pursuing the inclusion of remailer code in the popular Gnutella cleints
> > (e.g., LimeWire).  They advertise they are looking for new "content
> > communities."  http://www.limewire.com/index.jsp/formgroup I don't see any
> > reason why email can't be added as a new form of content.
>
>I haven't heard this before. It's a good idea.
>
>I've tried to contact limewire about working with them on some
>distributed resources coding concepts.  I found them unreceptive.
>They suck.

Maybe you're suggestion was too far afield from their ambitions for
LimeWire.  Maybe they thought you were a jerk.  Maybe...  In any case Lime
is getting great reviews from friends regarding easy of learning, use and
flexibility.

It seems that if a few of the technically competent want to raise this
issue with them perhaps we should discuss this a bit to see if we can reach
something of a consensus and then have on of the coders make contact with
Steve Cho at scho at limepeer.com