Moral Crypto

Steve Schear schear at lvcm.com
Mon Sep 3 17:35:11 PDT 2001

At 12:34 PM 9/2/2001 -0700, Tim May wrote:
>On Sunday, September 2, 2001, at 12:26 PM, georgemw at speakeasy.net wrote:
> > I stand by my earlier statement.  The fact that you may be
> > identifiable at the point of entry to an anonymity system is
> > a weakness, not a desired feature, and if it can be avoided, it
> > should be.
> >

>Then design such a system.
>
>"Anyone a remailer, anyone a mint" is one strong approach.

I know this suggestion has been made before, probably by myself, but it
seems the remailer programmers may be missing a good opportunity in not
pursuing the inclusion of remailer code in the popular Gnutella cleints
(e.g., LimeWire).  They advertise they are looking for new "content
communities."  http://www.limewire.com/index.jsp/formgroup I don't see any
reason why email can't be added as a new form of content.

steve