News: 'U.S. May Help Chinese Evade Net Censorship'

Greg Broiles gbroiles at well.com
Sat Sep 1 18:21:42 PDT 2001

At 03:19 PM 9/1/2001 -0400, Faustine wrote:

> > When you talk about "collaborating" and ZKS selling beta software to
> > the  NSA, are you saying you've got information that ZKS gave the NSA
> > access to  more information than the general public got, and/or that
> > the NSA got their  access or information meaningfully earlier than the
> > general public?
>
>Actually, it would be far more more informative to get them to explain
>exactly what happened instead of relying on third-party empty hearsay and
>hot air from me, since honestly that's all I've got. But I'm sure there are
>a lot of reasons--some of them contractural--you'll never hear the whole
>story. Especially given that you'll never get anything more than loose talk
>from the other side.

Well, if all you've got is hearsay and hot air, then I think it's unfair to
tag them with words like "collaborator" or suggest that they're not
trustworthy - those are pretty serious allegations to make. I'm aware of
examples of cryptosystems and companies which were compromised by
intelligence agencies - and also aware of baseless FUD and conspiracy
theories spun against uncompromised software unfairly.

--
Greg Broiles
gbroiles at well.com
"We have found and closed the thing you watch us with." -- New Delhi street kids