News: "U.S. May Help Chinese Evade Net Censorship"

Faustine a3495 at cotse.com
Sat Sep 1 13:53:31 PDT 2001

Tim Wrote:
>> On Friday, August 31, 2001, at 11:43 AM, Faustine wrote:
>
>> Consistent with your misconception about big computers being useful for
>> brute-force cryptanalyis,
>
> I never said that and you know it. Nice troll, though.

>You did indeed. Several times you alluded to what big and powerful
>computers the NSA must have, the better to blow our house down. When it
>was pointed out to you the nature of brute-forcing a big key, and how
>useless computers are, you seemed not to get the point.

Oh, well that might have a little something to do with the fact that I
never made the point that brute-forcing keys was the way big and powerful
NSA computers are going to blow our house down, mightn't it.  The fact
that "brute-forcing keys" was the only thing you could think of when you
saw my phrase "interesting possibilities for cryptographic applications"
and then chose to fixate on proving what a damn poopy head whippersnapper I
am instead of deigning to bother over what methods I meant to refer to is
indicative of your own limitations, not mine.

~Faustine.