News: 'U.S. May Help Chinese Evade Net Censorship'

Faustine a3495 at cotse.com
Sat Sep 1 12:19:42 PDT 2001

Greg wrote:
> At 05:31 PM 8/31/2001 -0400, Faustine wrote:
>>Sure. But to what extent can you collaborate without a)approaching
>>full- blown collusion or b) getting taken for a ride in spite of your
>>best efforts?
>
> When you talk about "collaborating" and ZKS selling beta software to
> the  NSA, are you saying you've got information that ZKS gave the NSA
> access to  more information than the general public got, and/or that
> the NSA got their  access or information meaningfully earlier than the
> general public?

> If that's the case, that's interesting, but that's too serious a claim
> to  let pass by as an unstated implication.

Actually, it would be far more more informative to get them to explain
exactly what happened instead of relying on third-party empty hearsay and
hot air from me, since honestly that's all I've got. But I'm sure there are
a lot of reasons--some of them contractural--you'll never hear the whole
story. Especially given that you'll never get anything more than loose talk
from the other side.

My personal opinion is that collusion or not, they got taken for a ride.
And if it's not worth much, so be it.

~Faustine.