FBI MAS

Peter Wayner pcw2 at flyzone.com
Wed Oct 31 07:43:39 PST 2001

>A few machines come every day to get the latest contents
>but no files. I assume those are distributed within networks
>or archived or added to the evidence pile. One of MPAA's
>law firms does that, and the old loyal customer, NSA
>at ncsc.mil. And EOP, DoJ, the Senate, US Courts, jeez,
>don't these folks have surf through SafeWeb or do they not
>trust the spy of spies. (Hilarious that SafeWeb was picked
>to help dissident Chinese outreach -- right into the CIA's
>archives.)

I realize the government doesn't tell the citizens anything
interesting, but they also don't tell themselves. Compartmentalized
information is a big problem for the bureaucracy. Some of your
biggest fans may be just as curious as the rest of us. Plus, they
have to fight budget wars over these things.