MORE ON HANOI JANE

info at hanoijane.net info at hanoijane.net
Tue Oct 30 16:48:23 PST 2001

SUPPLEMENTARY PRE-PUBLICATION NOTICE
"AID AND COMFORT": Jane Fonda in North Vietnam

During the Viet Nam war, Jane Fonda journeyed to Hanoi.  She met with senior Communist civilian and military leaders, held press conferences, toured sites of alleged bombing, "interviewed" American prisoners of war, and, most important, made a series of  propaganda  broadcasts.  Did Hanoi Jane commit treason?  By examining her childhood motivations, her radicalization, her POW "audience," her activities in Hanoi, and through a detailed analysis of the American law of treason, "Aid and Comfort": Jane Fonda in North Viet Nam makes the case that more than sufficient evidence existed to indict and convict Hanoi Jane of the crime of treason.  In addition, the book reveals the shocking story of how the House Committee on Internal Security and the United States Department of Justice swept Fonda's conduct under the bureaucratic rug so that she would never be indicted.  The appendix to the book includes the text of all Fonda's broadcasts in North Viet Nam.

McFarland & Co. is now accepting pre-publication orders for "Aid and
Comfort": Jane Fonda in North Viet Nam.  As we announced recently, by visiting www.hanoijane.net you will be able to view the book's cover, a flyer containing information about the book, a pre-publication order form, and ordering information.  HOWEVER, THE PUBLISHER HAS JUST CREATED A DIRECT LINK FROM HANOIJANE.NET TO McFARLAND, ENABLING THOSE WHO WANT TO SUBMIT A PRE-PUBLICATION ORDER TO DO SO WITH "ONE CLICK."

As we said before, we encourage those of you who want this book to succeed to promptly forward this notice to your email lists, and to ask the recipients to promptly forward it to others, and so on down the line.  Also, feel free to print, copy, and distribute the flyer/order form, and ask libraries to purchase "Aid and Comfort."

We cannot stress enough the importance of pre-publication orders.  For one
thing, they will affect the quantity of the book's first printing.  For
another, pre-publication orders may influence the publisher's promotional and related efforts on behalf of the book.  Thus, it will be very helpful if those of you who intend to purchase "Aid and Comfort": Jane Fonda in North Viet Nam order it now, and encourage others to do so.

Thanks,
HANK and ERIKA HOLZER