Transperancy Spray?

Reese reeza at hawaii.rr.com
Tue Oct 30 18:29:57 PST 2001

At 04:52 PM 10/30/01 -0800, georgemw at speakeasy.net wrote:
>On 30 Oct 2001, at 14:51, Sandy Sandfort wrote:
>
>> Mike [mmotyka at lsil.com] wrote:
>>
>> > I would bet that there is SOMETHING that
>> > is dissolved by liquid freon. Just mark
>> > your letters with the stuff and look for
>> > the integrity of the mark at the other end.
>>
>> Or... is there something that REACTS to freon in an interesting way...?
>>

>>  S a n d y
>>

>I think freon is incredibly inert, that's why it's used.

Heat freon up enough, it turns into phosgene gas (as it breaks down
into simpler components).  The CBR types call that Blood Agent.
Just think of how carbon monoxide supplants oxygen in your red blood
cells, that's what phosgene gas does.  I do not seem to remember the
critical temperature but a lit cigarette will do it.

Reese