[Fwd: [biofuel] VW presents new synthetic fuel strategy]

Jim Windle jim_windle at eudoramail.com
Mon Oct 29 21:44:46 PST 2001

Earlier this year I saw an interesting presentation at the NY Academy of Sciences by the head science guy from Genencor Int'l.( http://www.genencor.com )  He talked about some of the long range research they are doing about enzymes which will allow them to use protiens, starches and cellulose from agricultural sources to make useful polymers.  They are a long way from replacing oil as the feedstock but the research they are doing is pretty interesting though not really focused on automotive fuel so much as other "petrochemicals".

Jim Windle