Transperancy Spray?

Karsten M. Self kmself at ix.netcom.com
Tue Oct 30 00:42:07 PST 2001

on Mon, Oct 29, 2001 at 10:23:55PM -0800, Max Inux (maxinux at bigfoot.com)
wrote:
> Well, I was watching CNN and it looks like the Postal workers now are
> armed with a new weapon.. Against terror of course.  THe whole cant read
> someone elses mail thing is out the window it looks like, they can spray
> this go on the letter and read through the envelope..  It seems
> implausable but its CNN, they dont lie right? well ANYWAYS, I now have a
> nice stash of black construction paper...

That's been around quite the while:

    http://www.google.com/search?q=envelope%20transparent%20spray

    http://www.countdown.org/end/big_brother_13.htm

    Source: Robert Uhlig, Electronic Telegraph
    Date: 3rd March, 2001

    [We've got mail] An aerosol spray that makes unopened envelopes
    transparent so that the contents can be read has been invented.

    "You spray it on and it temporarily makes the envelope clear," said
    Robert Schlegel, vice-president of the makers, Mistral Security, of
    Maryland. "It leaves an odor for 10 to 15 minutes, but there is no
    smudging of ink, no stain, no evidence at all. The envelope is
    transparent for a few minutes and you can respray it hundreds of
    times without leaving any stain."

I'd heard of use of same by CIA going back maybe ten years, if not
longer.

Peace.

--
Karsten M. Self <kmself at ix.netcom.com>       http://kmself.home.netcom.com/

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type application/pgp-signature]