FBI moves to route internet through central servers: Another dagger in the Heart of Freedom in America

keyser-soze at hushmail.com keyser-soze at hushmail.com
Sat Oct 27 11:06:51 PDT 2001

On Sat, 27 Oct 2001 00:09:19 -0700, someone wrote:
>[hi folks,  step by step we are losing our liberty, speak now or forever
>hold your peace.]
>
>http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,37203,00.html

The feds have been working for years on higher speed, government access only, Internet alternative.  Once they have this in place, or even before with this new approach, they could close the Internet down of filter our undesirable traffic as they see fit.  Forcing the U.S. Internet though one location would destablize the entire network.

A few of the alternatives are:
- to support the smaller ISPs doing local peering and who cannot afford to use the major peering points
- re-awaken FidoNet
- Purchase and offer 802.11 public access points
- write letters and emails to the major ISP CEOs warning of the dire technical and personal consequences should their networks surcome to this fed pressure