Where The Torture Never Stops...

Duncan Frissell frissell at panix.com
Sat Oct 27 06:56:07 PDT 2001

At 02:21 PM 10/26/01 -0500, measl at mfn.org wrote:

>This "worldview" of your makes a point of deying the reality of the
>situation under disussion.  It's difficult to enjoy reading "all the
>worlds scriptures" when you need to spend most of your time insuring your
>pyhsical *survival*.  You have absolutely no concept of our prisons, do
>you?

I don't know.  Sayyid Qutb, one of the founders of modern Islamic
Fundamentalism managed to *write* his all-time bestseller "Mallem
Fittareek" (Milestones) while in an Egyptian prison.  Nasser executed him
for it a few years after he got out.

http://www.youngmuslimscanada.org/biographies/display.asp?ID=7

Actually, reading is quite popular in prison.  As is writing.

DCF
----
"I know what war is, hell it's just a stupid card game." - Mad Magazine
quoting U.S.Grant in an article on how famous sayings were just taken out
of context.