BOOKS FOR PRISONERS

georgemw at speakeasy.net georgemw at speakeasy.net
Sat Oct 27 09:50:04 PDT 2001

On 26 Oct 2001, at 18:40, Sandy Sandfort wrote:

> So, if you'd like to get some books into the prison system, you might talk
> to your local Libertarian Party office or contact the Long Haul in Berkeley.
>

>  S a n d y

Do the books actually make it onto the shelves? I know that
some public libraries aren't interested in mere taxpayers' opinions
as to what books they should have,  they'll accept your donated
books but they'll just sell them.  I would suspect the same would
likely be true at prison libraries.

George