America is beyond salivation

sonofgomez709 sonofgomez709 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 26 03:39:03 PDT 2001

---

On Thursday, October 25, 2001, at 08:42 PM, Mark Talbot wrote:

>> Dangerous? Yes, there are dangers to a mandatory national I.D. card,
>> but
>> there may be greater dangers without one. The fact is, to live in a
>> society
>> as vulnerable as ours, we may have to give up something - but I
>> disagree
>> that what's lost is freedom. Instead, it's privacy, and maybe not even
>> that.
>
> This guy is clueless: privacy is a form of freedom.
>
> I have yet to see a post 9/11 scheme that would actually enhance my
> safety in any significant way. Even police states have terrorists.

The United States Government supported the Chechen "freedom fighters"
who blew up a couple of apartment building blocks in Moscow. Hundreds
died.

But this was not terrorism...this was freedom fighting.

Now that the U.S. has been hit so hard, the party line in the U.S.G. is
shifting rapidly.

As for the USA/PATRIOT law, about to be signed into law tomorrow,
Friday, October 25, with enforcement to "begin immediately," I am not
too worried about roving wiretaps. That's just technological evolution
of the standard old judge-approved wiretap.

No, what worries me a great deal is the all of the language about
terrorist organizations and what happens to those who "provide support"
for some claimed terrorist organization (including language about
helping them to hide communicaitons, money transfers...sounds like
anonymous remailers face civil forfeiture of their assets, plus
imprisonment). There is even frightening language (available by grepping
the text) about how the asset forfeitiures, arrests, detentions, etc.
should not be done for ordinary first amendment practitioners!

(Language like: "provided that such investigation of a United States
person is not conducted solely upon the basis of activities protected
bythe first amendment to the Constitution.'';")

My translation of this language: Anyone may be arrested, held without
charges, etc., but a positive defense, provided one can hire Gerry
Spence, may be that the activity was a 1A activity and hence the
Homeland Defense Troopers really should not have kicked the doors in,
killed the wife in bed because they saw movement, stomped the cat, and
put the anon remailer operator in a dark cell for 15 weeks without any
charges being filed or evidence produced...

The rest of the bill is filled with equally frightening stuff. Remember,
folks, this stuff is not just directed at "Arabic-looking Middle
Easterners with student visas." It applies to so-called right wing
militias, to freedom fighters against unfair taxation, to gun dealers,
even to those transporting their own fucking money! Someone carrying his
own money faces forfeiture of the money and imprisonment, as if it were
the King's money, not his! This grossly surpasses _anything_ the English
masters did to the colonies. Far surpasses. Aspects of this have been
the law for a long time, but this formalizes the issue that people
cannot transport their own money around without the Crown deciding to
seize their money. Fuck them dead. Fuck Washington. I pray for a massive
enough attack to kill hundreds of thousands of these snakes in their
den. Praise Osama, if this is what it takes.

The USA/PATRIOT bill was hastily put together, with most
Congresscritters have essentially no idea of its implications for
building a police state. The U.S. Congress wastes more than a year
debating the impeachment issue over the Lewinsky affair, blah blah blah,
then races to construct an American Reich with barely any discussion.

Disgusting. The nation is beyond salvation. America is preterite.

---
CJ Parker <sonofgomez709 at yahoo.com>
http://profiles.yahoo.com/sonofgomez709
http://members.w-link.net/~sog/INDEX.HTM
http://jya.com/cejfiles.htm

"The True Story Of The InterNet"
The Xenix ChainSaw Massacre
http://www.technopagan.org/politics/xenix/
WebWorld & The Mythical Circle Of Eunuchs
http://www.technopagan.org/politics/webworld/
InfoWar: Final Frontier Of The Digital rEvolution
http://www.technopagan.org/politics/infowarriors/
Space Aliens Hide My Drugs
http://www.technopagan.org/politics/sahmd/