First, brand all the children

Jim Choate ravage at ssz.com
Thu Oct 25 05:45:12 PDT 2001

On Thu, 25 Oct 2001, Anonymous User wrote:

> An armed uprising won't transpire, but a time will come
> when people will run away from cities.

You're probably wrong on both counts. When the US falls, it will likely be
from internal stress from external (and long running) events. We should
hope that the fall is as bloodless as the one in the CCCP back in very
early 90's. Note that people won't run from the cities, nor will there
likely be mass destruction (unless somebody in 'power' gets hard headed
and retains some sort of control over the military). In the case of the
CCCP not only had the society in general had their fill but so did the
military. The key point to a bloodless fall will be the military saying 'I
think we'll sit this one out, thank you very much.'

     The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.

                                             Edmund Burke (1784)

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com