Time to Flash Cook the Frog

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Wed Oct 24 23:46:36 PDT 2001

On Wednesday, October 24, 2001, at 09:23 PM, Steve Furlong wrote:

> Declan McCullagh wrote:
>
>> When you have 99-1 votes in the Senate
>> (http://www.politechbot.com/p-02651.html), can anyone seriously say
>> that either the Democrats or Republicans can be trusted to preserve
>> our privacy and follow the demands of the Constitution?
>
> No. Nor have the mass of national politicians been trustworthy since FDR
> or before.
>
> It might be good that Congress is likely to pass a Draconian
> anti-terrorism law. The nibbling away at civil rights has gone generally
> without effective opposition. About the only hope for the retention of
> our rights is a massive chunk bitten off at once, while there are still
> enough armed Americans to put politicians in fear of their lives. I'm
> not actually hoping for an armed uprising, but the fear of one is
> clearly the only thing which will bring Congress, the federal courts,
> and the President to heel.

Indeed. The frog has been adjusting to the heating water rather too
well. It's time to flash cook the frog.

I'm watching a "Nightline" report on the growing anger over how the
ubermensch elite in Congress were fawned over and given Cipro while the
untermensch lumpenproletariat postal workers were told "Don't worry, be
happy!"

Now, with no Congressvarmints sick, but with two mail sorters having
gone postal to the max, with dozens of others sick or diagnosed with
inhalation anthrax, the anger is building.

--Tim May
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: What would things
have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to
make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive?"
--Alexander Solzhenitzyn, Gulag Archipelago