Conman, quantum entaglement and no cat

Incognito Innominatus anonymous at mixmaster.nullify.org
Tue Oct 23 16:00:01 PDT 2001

> Penn says Copperfield's trick is "Right out of the books."  He goes on to
> say that it's just a matter of presentation.  But we all knew that, right?

Of course.  A moment's thought will make it clear that the list which
was finally exhibited with the correct lottery numbers on it was not
the same list which was sitting in that guarded envelope all that time.
Somewhere along the way, in the process of opening the envelope, the
magician makes a switch.  It's the oldest trick in the book, or one of
them anyway.