eWe Won't Have CJ Parker and Richard NIxon To Kick Around AnyMore...

Steve Furlong sfurlong at acmenet.net
Tue Oct 23 11:13:10 PDT 2001

Declan McCullagh wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 22, 2001 at 11:32:19PM -0400, Steve Furlong wrote:
> > I can't sympathise much on this basis. A family member, a retired cop
> > and the family shame, confirmed what I had suspected: that most people
> > in jail are there because they couldn't keep their mouths shut --- on
>
> Um, no. Many are there because they're (gasp) "drug criminals."

Oh, certainly. I should have left my post the way I first wrote it:
"most criminals in jail...", distinguishing murderers and such from
people who voluntarily use drugs and those who supply them.

How about this version: Most malem in se convicts are in prison because
they couldn't keep their mouths shut.

--
Steve Furlong    Computer Condottiere   Have GNU, Will Travel
  617-670-3793

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly
while bad people will find a way around the laws." -- Plato