Neverending Cycle ( was : Re: USPS: glowing by leaps and bounds )

mmotyka at lsil.com mmotyka at lsil.com
Tue Oct 23 12:15:31 PDT 2001

> Shit, so much for ordering mushroom spores by mail!
> Hopefully UPS and fedex won't follow suit.

Another option might be for each package to be dropped into a poly bag,
heat sealed and rinsed before being handled by staff.

Our society has, for all practical purposes, endless vulnerabilities. If
as each vulnerability is exploited we plan on taking drastic steps to
secure it from future exploitation, the costs will be staggering and the
list of unsecured items will hardly diminish. The result of the current
approach is an authoritarian society with a neverending, self-justifying
security project ahead of it. Sounds like a wonderful place to live if
you're an insect.

Mike