FBI considers torture as suspects stay silent

Declan McCullagh declan at well.com
Tue Oct 23 08:02:58 PDT 2001

On Mon, Oct 22, 2001 at 09:04:44PM -0500, Jon Beets wrote:
> This appears total BS to me... While I don't doubt some agents do at times
> conduct their own idea of interrogation I sincerely doubt that the FBI as a
> whole would be considering this...

Yes, journalists like those at the Times and the Washington Post are
commonly in the habit of fabricating interviews. Um, no. Such a thing
may of course happen -- remember that Pulitzer-winner a while back --
but when you weigh it against the likelihood of an FBI trial balloon,
all becomes clear.

-Declan