Farm Out! (was Re: Retribution not enough)

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Mon Oct 22 18:52:05 PDT 2001

On Monday, October 22, 2001, at 01:38 PM, Harmon Seaver wrote:

>      Hmm, now that is bizarre. Anybody have any idea why Netscape does
> that sometimes? And not others? It looks fine when I hit the send button

Does _what_?

It would help if you gave an example of what you're talking about.

> -- then gets trashed. I've got line space set at 72, it's supposed to go
> text only, no html, but it's got the same trashed formatting in the copy
> that goes to Sent. And it seems to be only the Mac version of NS that
> does this, not the linux version.

You must be the only remaining user of NS (for either the Mac or
Windows). Everyone I know gave up on NS 5 and moved on to IE. It's not
perfect, but it's not buggy like "AOLscape" is.

IE 5.1 is pretty good on OS X, as is OmniWeb.

--Tim May
accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give
orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem,
pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently,
die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." --Robert A. Heinlein