Additional Anthrax Deaths Suspected

Eric Cordian emc at artifact.psychedelic.net
Mon Oct 22 12:14:29 PDT 2001

Tim wrote:

> Looks like the "toast" and "goner" comments are right on...as expected.

> I've been watching a press conference of D.C. politicos, mayor and
> company, on CNN. Looks like several inhalational anthrax cases
> confirmed, and *two deaths* of postal workers over the weekend with
> "suspicious" symptoms and test results.

> (Don't know if one of them is the postal worker already diagnosed with
> inhalational anthrax since last Friday...it's possible this is one of
> the people. Sounds like the two deaths were of others, though, with
> anthrax only being suspected post mortem.)

Yes, this is very worrisome.  I've been waiting for the day when we have
less anthrax cases than the day before, and apparently we've not seen the
peak yet.

The guy in Florida is supposedly doing well, despite surgery to insert
various breathing tubes a while back.

Congress has now decided not to repopen for business on Tuesday.

These anthraxed buildings may be a writeoff.  I doubt people will
volunteer to go back into them, even after happy-fun-decontamination.

American Media is selling and relocating.

I wonder how many suspicious pulmonary deaths have flown under the radar
to date, because they weren't correctly diagnosed.

More bad news will probably follow in the weeks to come.

--
Eric Michael Cordian 0+