Why Plan-9 licensing?

Jim Choate ravage at einstein.ssz.com
Mon Oct 22 00:20:34 PDT 2001

On Sun, 21 Oct 2001, Karsten M. Self wrote:

> Nutshell argument:  license interactions are factorial.

How so? Proof?

> Interaction complexity reduces overall value of a codebase, and tends to
> marginalize minority licenses.

Interaction for who, the author or the user? All license start out in the
minority. It's a competition in a way. I've also got some question about
exactly which of the Plan 9 licenses the reviews were for. There have been
several over the last couple of years. As objections have been raised
they've been addressed. I'll send a URL along to the list...

     The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.

                                             Edmund Burke (1784)

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com