Has Steve Schear earned killing? Verdict is out.

Jim Choate ravage at einstein.ssz.com
Sun Oct 21 23:03:36 PDT 2001

On Sun, 21 Oct 2001, Tim May wrote:

> "Any employee of our Company is free to "organize."  That day wlll be
> his last day. Good luck, and fuck you!"
>
> Free people are free to fire those who form communal organizations.
> Anyone who disagrees with this point has earned killing.

No, they haven't. A disagreement of view is never in and of itself
justification for any physical act.

Why should you mind if these individual of a like mind decide they want to
re-negotiate their employment contract? Isn't that the 'free' in 'free
market'? The basis of free market economics is a give and take. The point
being that all parties are reasonably happy because they're reasonably
certain they got a fair and equitable deal. The fact the workers don't
feel that way is sufficient justification, in economic terms at least, for
their actions. The reality is that as much as some skin flint might like to
keep paying 1920's salaries in 1970, the reality of the market doesn't
support those sorts of strategies. If the employer keeps too hard a line
nobody will work for him. If in fact the company can increase
productivity, lower costs, and increase profit why shouldn't the workers
reap some of that benefit. They are in reality as much a part of the
company, and fitting a share in the profits, as the 'board of diretors' or
the 'investors'.

     The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.

                                             Edmund Burke (1784)

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com