Retribution Time

Sandy Sandfort sandfort at mindspring.com
Sun Oct 21 21:43:16 PDT 2001

J.A. Terranson wrote:

> And the inevitable outcome of a _moderated_
> list is that free expression (loon-like or
> not) is sacrificed.

Nonsense.  You don't understand the marketplace of ideas.  Free expression
is "sacrificed" only if other outlet for expression are silenced.  I cannot
and would not shut down cypherpunks at einstein.ssz.com, cypherpunks at lne.com,
etc.  I will invite like-minder C'punks into my virtual living room and
encourage them to speak, but not to shouting.  You don't want to go there,
fine.  Stay with the crowd that makes you feel comfortable, but don't talk
nonsense about censorship.

 S a n d y