Clubbing in Fortress Amerika (fwd)

Jim Choate ravage at einstein.ssz.com
Sat Oct 20 20:11:13 PDT 2001

On Sat, 20 Oct 2001, Steve Furlong wrote:

> Jim, I'm going to have to call bullshit on that. A few minutes' checking
> (google and the revised code pages of a handful of states) shows that
> defacing a DL generally seems to be a violation, not even a misdemeanor.

Then you didn't look very hard at all.

Look into the 'fake license' laws for your state, they include defacing
such as replacing the photograph and such. That will also include the mag
stripe and the bar code.

You can go to jail for several years for defacing a license. In Texas it's
illegal to photocopy it except for official or business purposes.

     The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.

                                             Edmund Burke (1784)

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com