Retribution not enough

Jim Choate ravage at einstein.ssz.com
Sat Oct 20 16:07:09 PDT 2001

On Sat, 20 Oct 2001, Sandy Sandfort wrote:

> More Inchoate reasoning.  Jimbo wrote:
>
> > The reality is that these sweatshops do
> > exist, that they do exploit the workers...
>
> Gee, I wonder why these workers chose to be exploited instead of taking a
> job somewhere else in their benighted non-capitalist countries where the
> opportunities were better.  Maybe they aren't as smart as Jimbo and need to
> be told they are being exploited.  :'D

Because there isn't any other jobs to be had. They take what they can get.

The fact (that escapes the CACL crowd among others) is that their choices
are being manipulated and aren't free. Now you can blaim that on 'big
business' or 'government' or whatever convenient fantasy you like.

The final irrevocable fact is that PEOPLE DO IT TO PEOPLE. The 'how' isn't
the real issue. CACL handwaving that its the 'government' is nothing more
than spin doctor bullshit in their attempt to be 'the man'. Why else would
they on one hand blaim the 'government' and then turn around and blaim the
'individuals'. It's odd they call 'the people' sheep while at the same
time stating that they are the best ones (ie do away with government, go
free market) to make their own decisions. Hypocrisy, until you realize
they just want to be the one to do the exploiting.

     The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.

                                             Edmund Burke (1784)

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com