Another precious moment from shrub...

jamesd at echeque.com jamesd at echeque.com
Sat Oct 20 01:51:37 PDT 2001

    --
James A. Donald:

On 18 Oct 2001, at 14:08, Jamie Lawrence wrote:
> Now that I reflect on it, I am positive that the free voting, free
> dealing citizens who democratically elected Perves Musharraf,
> Robert Mugabe, Kim Jong-Il and Mullah Omar

In Africa two Soviet sponsored tyrannies, both of which had been committing mass murder on an enormous scale, were overthrown though not replaced by democracies.

In Latin America one Soviet sponsored tyranny was overthrown, and replaced by democracy, and several regimes that had been fighting wars against Soviet proxy troops supported by Cuba won victories, making it possible for them to become democracies.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     AGINX9oTMyKQsGjIxR8wxjhvRwgpxk9Zv/nJChti
     4f+LPxl1uo4p5clUU/5ivss6GKI9WSXlZtBnp7c9f