Expert Warns Coded Pictures Indicate Al Qaeda Planning Major BiologicalAttack

Ken Brown k.brown at ccs.bbk.ac.uk
Fri Oct 19 10:51:46 PDT 2001

"Dr. Evil" wrote:

> Fascinating website.  This may sound disturbing, but I must say, this
> terrorist was a pretty good painter if these really are his paintings.

Agreed.

I would be really, really impressed if Koontz had said all this *before*
the event. Afterwards? I hope he never publishes his theories on the
words of Bob Dylan.

> Mr. Koontz made some good points about the biological attack, but his
> thesis is predicated on the idea of yellow meaning sickness, and I'm
> not sure if it all ties together.  For instance, one of the paintings
> clearly shows an Arabian horse struggling uphill into a field of
> yellow.  Yellow in this case looks like peace or salvation.  He also
> didn't pick up the image of a horse running up the rock being a
> reference to how Mohamed went to heaven, so there may be some other
> interpretations of these images.

Some hundreds of interpretations I guess. The world is full of art
historians and critics and cultural studies folk who can generate them
for as long as you like. We have a whole department of Art Historians
here at this very university. I bet they could find terrorist messages
in just about any painting you cared to mention, if you bought them
enough drinks.

Ken Brown