Looking for news

Steve Furlong sfurlong at acmenet.net
Fri Oct 19 15:39:59 PDT 2001

mmotyka at lsil.com wrote:

> Was I hearing things or did China stop issuing visas for people from 22
> middle eastern countries? Thought I heard it, can't find it.

ISTR the same, but didn't pay much attention.

Searching CNN for "china visa" shows an article from 10 Oct, only
relating to Pakistanis in Hong Kong.

Nothing worthwhile on MSNBC, same search.

Sounds like someone was blowing smoke out his ass.

--
Steve Furlong    Computer Condottiere   Have GNU, Will Travel
  617-670-3793

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly
while bad people will find a way around the laws." -- Plato