Inflation

mmotyka at lsil.com mmotyka at lsil.com
Fri Oct 19 16:41:28 PDT 2001

Greg Broiles <gbroiles at well.com> wrote :
>At 03:13 PM 10/19/2001 -0700, Karsten M. Self wrote:
>
>>/me retreats to iron w/ thermometer.
>>
>>Black and Decker "Light 'n' Easy" iron, cotton dishtowl (folded quarto),
>>"Good Cook" dial thermometer inserted under top fold.  With four
>>minutes' preheat, temperature is off the scale (2200F), extrapolating,
>>it looks to be 2700-2800F.  After about two minutes, there's a slight
>>yellowing of the dishtowel.
>
>Is it possible you're off by a factor of 10 here? I am very skeptical that
>you have an iron which heats up to 2200 or 2700 degrees Fahrenheit. I would
>expect a little more than a slight yellowing of the dish towel at those
>temperatures, unless you have asbestos dish towels you use along with your
>superheated iron.
>

>--
>Greg Broiles
>gbroiles at well.com
>"We have found and closed the thing you watch us with." -- New Delhi street kids

Kind of like using one of those ugly red lab hot air guns to dry your
hair, eh?

Definitely an honest mistake.

Unlike the numbers quoted for available doses of smallpox vaccine which
have risen steadily from 3M to 10M as time has passed. Standing in line
for vaccination - would you like yours straight up or with soda. They
prosecute people for diluting pharmaceuticals don't they?

Numbers bloat not quite as outrageous as the US casualty estimates that
were part of the decision making process for whether to invade Japan or
drop Uranium on it which started out as 10K and reached 1M by the time
public statements were issued.

Bye, I have to drive 300 miles home now, or is that 3000 miles? and
there are over a gazillion cars on the road.

10^53768904523 Regards,