Your papers please

cubic-dog dog3 at ns.charc.net
Fri Oct 19 03:27:12 PDT 2001

It's dodgy.

I wish I could quote chapter and verse, but I don't recall.

The closest you could come and /maybe/ get away with it, would
be to have a cell activated and your lawyer on the line.

LE would still cop a major attitude. They DO NOT like being
documented. They have some laws or regulations backing them up on it as
well.

I looked into this about 5 years ago when a neighboring state was
starting to get into the "Papers Please, Ausweiss Controll Bitte"
mind set in their "war on drugs". The thought was for me, a clean
for many years fellow, to drive a profilable vehicle in profilable
manner, while wired through potential drug checkpoint areas trying
to attract a bust.

Our lawyer decided it was way too dodgy legally.

Some folks are going to want to call bullshit on this, and
I welcome it. I thought at the time, I could record, video
tape, transmit pretty much whatever I wanted. Turned out that
there are special "things" involved with surveilling the
surveillers.