FC: What info does Zero Knowledge collect on users of Freedom 3.0?

Declan McCullagh declan at well.com
Fri Oct 19 01:41:09 PDT 2001

[I agreed to delete Anonymous' name before posting, but it is fair to point
out that Anonymous works for a company that is in some areas a competitor
to ZKS. I offered ZKS the opportunity to reply; their response follows. My
own thoughts: If ZKS wants to display tailored ads, it makes sense that
Freedom clients will communicate with the mother ship on a more-or-less
regular basis. This is what Eudora and Opera do, and what Freedom 3.0
apparently does (I haven't used it). The question is whether users are
aware of the potential privacy risks. --Declan]

********