Israel pledges War On Terrorism after cabinet hawk's assassination

Anonymous via the Cypherpunks Tonga Remailer noreply at cypherpunks.to
Thu Oct 18 12:22:04 PDT 2001

[..]
"We'll catch those 'folks' that did this", pledged President Sharon in
direct reference to President Bush's words of just over a month ago.

Israel has access to some of the world's most advanced weaponry, and
may use this against the terrorists. From jet fighters and helicopters
for attacking the infrastructure of the nation harboring the
terrorists, to sending in troops on the ground.

[..]
Do non-governmental actions constitute acts of war? In the case of
terrorism, we have already reached that answer: Challenge a nation
state in any way, and you run a major risk. Nation states, like Israel,
have capabilities that are almost impossible to comprehend. They have
people in uniform who do nothing but practice the fine art of visiting
death on their fellow man. They have the ability to deliver fearsome
tools of that art. Everything from drilling a bullet into one
particular man's chest from a thousand yards away to putting a two-
thousand-pound smart bomb right through somebody's bedroom wind
[sunspot interference]