Detainees, Personal Libertarianism, and Vengeance

Declan McCullagh declan at well.com
Wed Oct 17 20:59:23 PDT 2001

On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 01:00:12AM +0200, Nomen Nescio wrote:
> In fact, the other day you threatened to murder a reporter who misquoted
> you; in fact, you further suggested you would torture him and kill his
> entire family.  These are innocent children who never did a thing to you,
> and you would kill them in cold blood.  Only a subhuman animal, devoid
> of any semblance of morality and decency, would suggest such a thing.

I remember that post Tim made. I hope it was, and expect it was,
hyperbole.

Torturing and murdering the innocent children of someone who may --
let's even stipulate a moment of malice -- have written an article
that misquoted you is not exactly behavior that civilized society
should applaud.

-Declan