Non-verbal IQ testing

Steve Furlong sfurlong at acmenet.net
Wed Oct 17 18:43:32 PDT 2001

Sandy Sandfort wrote:

> Steve Furlong wrote:
>
> > The test apparatus had one central button
> > and a bunch of other lightable buttons
> > around it. The subject pressed the central
> > button and waited for one of the others to
> > light, then pressed that one as quickly as
> > he could.
>
> Yup, that's the one.  I just tried to do a preliminary search and came up
> with nada.  Do you recall if it was Arthur Jensen or William Shockley?  What
> did he call them damned thing?  I don't really know what to search under.

Google: intelligence test lights button

http://www.forbes.com/asap/1998/1130/281_print.html is the first result.
This article is pretty much against the concept of intelligence testing.

According to that article, the device is called "Jensen's button box".
That may not be correct, as a google search for "jensen's button box"
(quoted to filter out obvious false hits) yielded only that article.

--
Steve Furlong    Computer Condottiere   Have GNU, Will Travel
  617-670-3793

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly
while bad people will find a way around the laws." -- Plato