Who represents the detained? Nobody...

Declan McCullagh declan at well.com
Wed Oct 17 14:38:38 PDT 2001

On Wed, Oct 17, 2001 at 01:59:28PM -0700, Tim May wrote:
> Anyway, as Declan says, this is being covered in newspaper stories. (No
> coverage that I've seen in a hundreds of hours of coverage on CNN,
> MSNBC, Fox, ABC, CBS, or NBC. None. Just vague mentions of "several
> hundred detainees.")

Right. The Post, to its credit, has featured this story prominently.

I escaped the CNNMSNBCFOX pit for a few days and made the mistake of
tuning back in today. The poor saps all seem to be doing an imitation
of Headline News (a valuable service) but without realizing it.

Not American journalism at its finest.

-Declan