NOW IT'S PERSONAL...

Sandy Sandfort sandfort at mindspring.com
Wed Oct 17 16:44:16 PDT 2001

C'punks,

So I head out before 7 this morning so I can do my civic duty as a juror
(don't ask).  I go down into the BART station* to await a train.  A train to
another destination pulls into the platform, stops and sits... and sits...
and sits.

Finally, a voice comes over the intercom and tells everybody to get off the
train because it is going out of service.  It seems someone reported "white
powder" on the train.  Jee-zus!  The bad guys have already won if this sort
of irrational panic has become the order of the day.

Later in the jury room, I discovered some "white powder" on the coffee
stand.  Instead of having the federal building cleared, I scooped some of it
up with my finger and did a quick taste test.  Verdict:  Sweet n Low.   (Now
I've got these terrible flu symptoms...)

 S a n d y

*"Bay Area Rapid Transit" for those not familiar with San Francisco.