Anodyne for sore feet

Steve Furlong sfurlong at acmenet.net
Wed Oct 17 12:02:11 PDT 2001

keyser-soze at hushmail.com wrote:

> All that recent stepping on our civil liberties must have left more than a few of our Congressmen with tender feet.  I say we send them some Dr. Scholls relief.

Send them Dr Kopsch relief, instead.

(Kopsch was one of the inventors of the teflon-coated, bullet-proof
vest-defeating bullet.)

Several of our elected wonders (eg, Maryland Gov Glendening, or Tejada
et al in Rhode Island) are pushing for laws restricting the purchase,
ownership, or use of bullet-proof vests without a permit. These
proposals generally have exemptions for LEOs, judges, and, of course,
elected officials.

--
Steve Furlong    Computer Condottiere   Have GNU, Will Travel
  617-670-3793

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly
while bad people will find a way around the laws." -- Plato